Things I learned at the Common Core hearing in Madison on THursday:
1. Despite the fact that the Federal Government paid for its development, bribed school districts and states into accepting it, Common Core is not a federal program nor federally directed.
2. Under Common Core we ARE allowed to be different so long as we are the same.
3. A couple young kids who testified relied on their historical knowledge of education in the US to determine that Common Core is better than what preceded it. BTW, they are members of the model UN at school
4. It must have been illegal before, but now one school can share information with others across the state and nation. I was completely unaware that there was the prohibition on sharing knowledge before.
Our government was designed with separation of powers for exactly times like this. It is the duty of the House of Representatives to protect the American people from an out of control federal government and its harmful laws and regulations.
Republicans in the House have made it clear that they are willing to negotiate but the president is the one who needs to give a little and actually do his job by meeting with them for an honest conversation. The president will have to ignore his friends like Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi who want him to fight to the death.
In order to successfully navigate through this bump in the road he'll actually have to do his job of leading all of America instead of just his friends. I frankly don't think he is capable of doing it but time will tell if he has it in his character to participate in serious discussions about the economy and health care.
We recently announced a package of eight worker training bills for the 2013-14 legislative session. Our focus for the legislative session is continuing to work on the important tasks of growing our economy, developing our workforce, transforming education, and reforming government.
Unbelievable. The federal government is supposedly shut down but President Obama apparently still has the workers willing to:
- hunt down barricades
- transport them to the memorials
- install them and block Americans from honoring our veterans
The Obama administration is adding more barricades at the World War Two Memorial in Washington, D.C. this morning, according to reporters on the scene.
Miracle of Miracles! The government shut down at midnight and when I awoke at approximately 5:30am to go outside and observe some of the early morning sky I noticed that Jupiter was still there, lovely as ever, the constellation Orion was gloriously overhead, and that even the sun was rising as usual. If you were to believe all the drama queens in the Democrat Party and in the liberal media you might have thought the world was going to come to an abrupt end with this government 'shutdown.'
The truth is that the Democrat drama queens are trying very hard to deceive the American people in more than one way:
1) Democrats are trying to convince you that you cannot survive without the federal government interfering in nearly every aspect of your life. I ask you to analyze your day-to-day life and feel free to comment on this blog post about what truly happens in the real world.
- All set up and ready to interact with enthusiastic conservatives at CPAC today i...
- President Obama announced a $3.9 trillion 2015 budget today that calls for tax h...
- <a href="http://www.facebook.com/photo
- We're excited to partner with Young Americans for Liberty (YAL) to train, educat...
- Pandora thinks it knows your political leaning. What do you think about that?