- Congress' Budget Week in Review - See How Your Members of Congress Voted!
- New Mexico's governor eerily silent on civil asset forfeiture reform bill
- ObamaCare's 5% Success Rate for Handing Out Subsidies
- Mike Lee: Helping Us Find Our Lost Constitution
- ObamaCare Turns Five: The Five Best Quotes about ObamaCare
"Political cynicism thrives when sound economics are asked to give way to liberal wish fulfillment."
Amen to that. The people who are pushing for an increase to minimum wage are wrong in much the same way they were wrong about Obamacare. They said we would be able to keep our insurance plans but now many of us are losing the coverage we once had. They said we would be able to keep our doctors but now many of us are forced to choose new doctors that fit inside our new plans. They were so focused on Utopian fantasies of universal health care that they failed to recognize the reality of how their interference in the market would impact the real world.
An old friend recently asked me if I could summarize Republican ideas for him and how the Tea Party fits into the story. Here's how I replied:
here are a few of the high points why i joined the Republican Party back in 2000...
1) History of the party: Freeing the slaves is why the party was born. Basic principle that individuals are endowed by our Creator with life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness and that individuals should not be lumped into 'constituencies' by the government.
2) Republicans, traditionally, believe in less government. Individuals are far better at knowing what their own needs are than a bloated government trying to dole out entitlements in broad brushes. This comes out in tax policy. Republicans believe taxes should be low so people can keep more of the money that they work for. If they then choose to give that money to charities then - great! But the government should not confiscate our money for that purpose.
States are standing up and refusing to participate in the most corrupt administration in my lifetime. I predict that Obama's style of governing by thumbing his nose at the Constitution (and encouraging everyone beneath him to do the same) will continue to lead to even more states 'opting out.' No one is going to secede but they will become more bold in telling the feds to 'shove it' when they come a-knocking.
Obamacare was the first biggie when several states said, 'No, thanks' and refused to participate in setting up an un-Constitutional health exchange system. 2nd Amendment violations are another biggie where we are witnessing states passing laws to nullify any federal gun controls. Some county sheriffs have even threatend to arrest federal agents if they harrass citizens.
And now this. It's starting to get scary-interesting out there.
Here we go again... Another liberal who wants to punish the law-abiding citizens with additional red tape while completely ignoring the Second Amendment.
"Wisconsin attorney general candidate Susan Happ is calling for background checks on all gun sales."
Read the whole story here
Let me ask you a series of questions and see where it leads:
- Do criminals ever respect the law?
- What makes Susan Happ believe that a criminal will respect a new law demanding that they agree to a background check?
- Wouldn't a criminal be more apt to buy a gun on the streets from another crook or simply steal one?
- Since only law-abiding citizens will be the ones to agree to follow this new law - Why does Susan Happ want to punish law-abiding citizens?