I decided to vote for the bill last week. The Fiscal Responsibility Act cuts over $2 trillion in government spending while protecting seniors, veterans, farmers, and those most in need by lifting them out of poverty. We responsibly raised the debt ceiling, made sure the United States didn’t default on our debt, and stopped Washington’s out-of-control inflationary spending.
There is a lot of talk about what is not in the Fiscal Responsibility Act. I want to tell you what is in the bill:
- Full funding for veterans’ benefits and Social Security and Medicare
- Cuts over $2 trillion in government spending
- Reforms to SNAP that protect our most vulnerable while getting Americans back to work
- Requirements for borrowers to pay off their own student loans
- Nixed staffing funding request for 87,000 new IRS agents
My mission upon arriving to DC was to represent the 750,000 residents of Wisconsin’s Third District, whether you agree with me on every issue or not. This is just the beginning to the reforms we need to make our government work for you, but it’s a good start that will help put an end to the bloated spending that got us here in the first place. It’s a win for those concerned about DC corruption and executive overreach, but more importantly, for the people of Wisconsin and America.
If you have thoughts or concerns on this or any other issue, please do not hesitate to contact my office. We work for you.