I just read this Article in Salon by Dave Sirota.
It is incredibly unfortunate that Marxist-Democrats control the United States Senate. Thank God there are still enough freedom loving Republicans in that body to cause a filibuster to delay or prevent this un-constitutional bill from becoming law. If it does happen to become law, however, then I will not comply with the law. I am turning myself in to the authorities and they can make me a political prisoner if that is their desire but I will not comply with un-constitutional laws. It is time for civil disobedience in order to fight against this violation of our God given right to defend ourselves.
As I write this, it is sequestration day. Has Obama overplayed his hand on this? He has been warning of dire consequences if sequestration is allowed to happen. Checks stop coming to those who get government payments, our military may be stranded in some far off land, and police and fire protection will cease and it is all the fault of the Republicans who refuse to compromise, or should we say, who may not cave. Most of his claims are wildly and absolutely absurd. In the first place, sequestration was HIS idea, not that of Republicans. I am sure he hoped that the effects would be a political embarrassment for the opposition, but I think the best thing that can happen is nothing . (See below for explanation.
Second, the so-called cuts are cuts in the projected rate of increase of FUTURE expenditures. Only in the rarified air of Washington DC is a decreased increase a cut. Even WITH sequestration, the budget will increase.
The La Crosse City Council has again confused its residents, this time about the parking rules after a snowfall.
City council member Bob Seaquist did not help students or faculty when he voted to change rules about warnings and fines. After each snowfall, I’m sure there are flared tempers and confusion.
That is bad enough, but when the city creates a problem, it’s even worse.
In the past, cities would note with pride their wide and beautiful streets. Yet La Crosse narrowed about six blocks of Main Street west of Losey Boulevard. The street is now barely wide enough for two lanes of traffic when cars are parked along both sides. The city also designated a bike lane on each side of the street. With a bit of snow, I can imagine it was a mess.
In the News
- Why did former IRS Commish visit White House 118 times in 2 years? Easter Egg Roll, for starters
- Video: Sen. Ted Cruz blasts SchMcRubioGrahamnesty bill
- The Obama crony in charge of your medical records
- State News Roundup: DNR hopes to expand walleye population
- Gov. Walker: Announces Wisconsin Walleye Initiative
- Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families affected by the tornado in Oklah...
- Like and share if you see right through the Federal government's spending plans...
- Like and share if you're upset that your freedoms are under assault.
- This week Barack Obama told the graduating class of Ohio State University to rej...
- Like and share if you agree that your money should not be used in reckless spend...